last month i was interviewed by the founder of shotkit.com. if you’re not familiar with shotkit yet then definitely go take a look around. it’s an amazing site that was just launched to allow popular photographers a chance to show off what’s in their gear bags. my interview is pretty lengthy (about 50 mins) but if you have some time or interest then definitely check it out!
there were the questions answered:
- How did you get into shooting famous celebrity portraits such as Denzel Washington and George Clooney?
- How do you prepare for these kinds of shoots, baring in mind you always use difficult techniques?
- How was George Clooney?!
- Was it tempting for you to just use a regular lighting/photo set up with the celebrities?
- Describe a few of your unique techniques (freelens shots, RGB, prism, Benizer etc)
- How do you shoot your long exposure light painting shots
- Why Nikon? Have you been tempted by Canon?
- What camera/lens set up do you use for weddings?
- Your lens choice is predominantly wide angles with nothing over 58mm. Don’t you need long lenses for weddings?
- Describe your use of the Litepanels Croma.
- How do you like the Sony A7r? What do you use it for?
- How do you like the Leica M9? What do you use it for?
- Any tips for aspiring photographers?